Monday, February 26, 2007

Safari = Buggy Browser

I had been previously using Camino but wanted to try Safari (v2.0.4) because of it’s RSS feature-- which Camino lacked. The first thing I noticed was that Safari lacked a built-in ad-blocker where as Camino has one natively. There is also no way to import my bookmarks from Camino into Safari. (Come on Apple.)

I’ve found Safari to be a tad bit slower at loading pages compared to Camino. It also hogs more resources than Camino-- but I can overlook that since Safari has built-in RSS which can take up more resources naturally.

What I’ve found browsing with Safari is that it will sometimes randomly crash and shut itself down when viewing a normal, non-graphic heavy page for apparently no reason! I’ve never once had Camino crash viewing the SAME exact web pages yet an official Apple product has more problems than a 3rd party freeware product?!?

Wow, Apple... You need to fix Safari. The latest offering of Safari 2.0.4 is still far too unstable for primetime.

No comments: